Tuesday, November 3, 2009

delayed


On the way to the Midwest Society for Photographic Education Conference in Minneapolis my flight got a little delayed. 8 hours in all. I arrived at 2am in a deserted airport. As I got off the plane the pilot apologized and a stack of diet coke and peanuts waited for me at the gate. Here's a map of what the plane did. As we approached Minneapolis, the pilot came on and said "they're making us circle the airport until we can land so we're gonna have to go to Milwaukee because we're going to run out of gas." So we flew to Milwaukee, refueled, sat on the tarmac for an hour and a half and then flew an hour back to Minneapolis. A lady got sick at the end. A woman on the plane had to help her and paramedics were called to get her off the plane first. This was hell. And I had to give my first big artist lecture the next day. My friend Heather drove there and beat my plane by over an hour. I decided not to go with her because I wanted to get there early and rest up for my talk. The lecture did go well though. I might of rushed through a few things and I did forget W.H. Jackson's name, but it was pretty good anyway. I showed this map at the beginning of my talk. The second map is all the trips that I've taken so far for my project. It looks like I might be making another one soon. People have told me the coasts look conspicuously empty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the google map inclusion as part of your lecture. Very Paul Shambroom.
Sorry I missed the lecture.