Saturday, November 28, 2009

garden of the gods

Today, I went to "Garden of the Gods" recreational area in southeastern Illinois. I was shocked to find topography unlike anywhere else in the entire state. These are a few day-of-the-shoot shots that I made with my camera phone. I becoming quite fond of what it does. It's not sharp. The color is wack. It's simultaneously under and over exposed. But it's fast and I can put it directly above my 4x5 lens. something happened to the last shot... looks like the photoshop monster is coming back...






near Herod and Equality, Illinois.

oops.

2 comments:

Elise Tanner said...

I would never have guessed these were in Illinois.
I like the idea of looking at the same image through two entirely different formats: a 4X5 view camera and a cell phone. I think they reflect on one another in many ways. That last image (oops) is really quite interesting. I'd actually like to see more like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Those rock formations look like something out of a Timothy O'Sullivan photograph. The longer I live in the state of Illinois the more that I understand that it is a very complex landscape. It might be cool to curate an exhibition with that as a theme.