Friday, August 28, 2009

arrrggg! and re-shots

I learned last night that the crate I made to hold my frames had a bit of an accident somewhere on the way to Wyoming. The gallery director called me and said she didn't even know how it held together. This upset me. I built that thing by hand with a good friend who knew what he was doing and we put extra effort into it to make sure nothing would crack or even move. But I guess it must not be that bad because it only cost $80 to repackage. Lessons learned: One: make crate out of light weight, indestructible titanium or carbon-fiber. This way you will just have to spend thousands up front for the crate but there's no way FedEx could deliberately destroy it in transit. Two: have a better than good chance to sell the work and spend nothing for new packaging. I don't know how to do this and I don't think anyone else really has a clue right now either. Anyway, here's some re-shot pics from the trip. I think they're pretty recognizable and I'm glad I got the best shots the first time I went there. I get the first negs back today and should have the rest done next week but I still think it'll be another 10 days or so before I get something scanned.


i'm giving away a secret in this one...

No comments: