Tuesday, August 25, 2009

nice ride

My trip out west was made possible by two close patrons that loaned me the use of their 2007 Subaru Impreza all-wheel-drive wagon. In total I tacked on 4340 miles in 9 days and took the car off-road a number of times where I really grew to appreciate its design and engineering. The Impreza hauled over dust-ridden, pebble-filled roads and flattened mountain climbs that took it to 12,029'. The only problem was when I encountered boulders on an "off-road" course in Arches National Park outside Moab, Utah. I decided it was probably not the best idea to test the undercarriage on a quasi off-road AWD car that wasn't mine and that just got brand new performance tires. All an all though, I highly recommend this car and really want one for myself. It got 30 mpg on average and kept cool; the engine temp gauge didn't rise a hair when I drove it 800 miles in over 100 degree weather.

mom's 2007 impreza after 3 days of dust-road driving

rear view

where I decided to turn around

No comments: